Friday, February 21, 2014

To you, a million thanks and a heartfull farewell

J.M. Barrie once said that "Never said goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting." 

As for today, once again another lecturer of mine will be leaving the university. For me, I find it a bit difficult to accept that since he is one of the best lecturer that I had met in my life. 

Not only his teaching style, but his charisma, his presentation skill, his attitude and his ability to capture the student's attention really awed me. 

Since this day is his last semester here as a lecturer, I had gave him a set of neckties, with different colour and pattern (apparently one of it was his favourite colour, I owed Leena for that one) as a farewell gift. It is the least that I can gave as a token for him to remember us. 

So,

To Mr Saiful Izwan,

I won't say goodbye to you, instead I wish you the best of luck in your life and your career. May Allah meet us once again one day, perhaps as a colleague or as an old friend.

With this, I'm reciting the third verse of Fairy Tail send-off ceremony to you. 

仮令道は違いと、 強くちからのかぎり行けなければ ならない, 
Tatoe michi wa chigaito, tsuyoku chikara no kagiri ikenakereba naranai

消して自ら命は小さなものとしてみてはならない,
Keshite mizukara inochi wa chiisana monotoshite mitewa naranai

愛したとものこと, しょうがいいうわすれては ならない.
Aishita tomo no koto, shougai iu wasurete wa naranai    

"Though our path may differs, you must always live your life with all your might,
Never must you consider your own life to be insignificant,
Never in your life must you forget the friends you hold dear"

Thank you very much for your hard work, Mr Saiful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment